The Los Angeles County Department of Public Health cautions residents who are planning to visit the below Los Angeles County beaches to avoid swimming, surfing, and playing in ocean waters:
BEACH AREAS WARNINGS:
• Malibu Lagoon at Surfrider Beach
• Santa Monica Pier in Santa Monica
• Mothers Beach in Marina Del Rey
These warnings have been issued due to bacterial levels exceeding health standards when last tested.
BEACH AREAS NOW CLEARED:
Warnings have been lifted for the following beach areas where recent sample results identified water quality levels within State standards:
• Ramirez Creek at Paradise Cove
• Escondido Creek at Escondido State Beach
• Malibu Pier in Malibu
• Las Flores Creek at Las Flores State Beach
Recorded information on beach conditions is available 24- hours a day on the County’s beach closure hotline: 1-800- 525-5662. To view the map of impacted locations and for more information, please visit PublicHealth.LACounty.gov/Beach/.