Firefighters to the rescue


    On behalf of the owners and residents of Point Dume Club of Malibu Mobilehome Park, I would like to express our sincere appreciation to all of the firefighters who responded to the fire that occurred in one mobilehome in the park on Jan. 11.

    Investigators from the fire department later advised us that the origin of the fire was the electrical system in the kitchen of that home. Several fire departments dispatched units and those vehicles entered the park without delay through the park’s Heathercliff Road and Westward Beach Road entrances. Once on the scene, the firefighters quickly got the blaze under control and minimized the damage.

    We are pleased to report that no one was injured and thanks to the speedy and professional action taken by the firefighters, the fire was contained within the one home where it started.

    Again all of us at the park are extremely grateful for the excellent work by the various fire departments involved. This incident is a graphic reminder that we all need to inspect our homes periodically for fire safety and prevention. At the same time, it is a great comfort to know that we have some of the finest fire-fighting agencies in the state to respond in our time of need.

    Deborah Miller, property manager

    Otto Knodel and Marjorie Frome,

    John and Carol Simpson,

    Ron and Sally Zamarin