Amazing Taste Beef Roast
Impressive cuts such as standing rib roast, prime rib roast and whole tenderloin roast are ideal for the holidays or other special occasions.
– Preheat oven to 350 degrees
– Trim excess fat from top of beef, leaving a layer of fat roughly 1/4 inch thick
– Pat meat dry with paper towels
– To maximize juiciness and flavor, season with Amazing Taste Steak House seasoning (available at Albertsons or at www.amazingtaste.com)
– Place meat on a rack in a shallow roasting pan fat side up (do not add any liquid)
– Place the pan in oven uncovered
– The cook time and final temperature depend on the size of the meat
– Roast uncovered until internal temperature reaches 135 degrees for medium-rare, 150 degrees for medium. Once desired temperature is reached, remove from the oven, cover with foil and let stand for 15 minutes before carving. The temperature of the meat will rise roughly 10 degrees during standing time. Prior to carving make sure the internal temperature is 145 degrees or greater.
Compliment roasts with vegetables such as potatoes, carrots, mushrooms and onions.
For gravy, mix flour and mustard with the beef bouillon (pan gravy).
Glazed Baked Carrots
– 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
– 1/2 tsp. salt
– 1 Tbsp. sugar
– 1/4 cup water
– 2 cups sliced carrots
– 3 Tbsp. butter
In 1-1/2 qt. glass casserole mix nutmeg, salt and sugar with water. Add carrots and dot with butter. Microwave (high), covered, 8-10 minutes, stirring halfway through cooking. Rest 5 minutes. Serves 4-6.
Recipes provided by Adam Taki of Amazing Taste Foods and Seasonings.