Rodas died of lung infection, coroner says

Carlos Ivan Rodas, a kitchen worker at Guido’s restaurant who was found dead outside of the restaurant in March, died of invasive pulmonary aspergillosis, coroners officials said Wednesday. Reportedly, hemorrhaging from the lung infection caused him to collapse after coughing up a substantial amount of blood. Officials say a full report should be available in a couple of weeks.

Invasive pulmonary aspergillosis is a fungus that is commonly found in nature but rarely causes illness in people. Rodas also tested negative for tuberculosis.

On March 18, Rodas was found by a co-worker lying in a pool of blood outside the restaurant at approximately 8:30 p.m. after he left the restaurant to take out garbage. When sheriff’s officials arrived, they initially believed he may have been shot or beaten. It was later determined Rodas had died of natural causes.

After it was announced Rodas died of an upper respiratory illness in late March, some were concerned about a possible threat to public health. Officials investigated and found no evidence suggesting an increased risk to public safety.

13StarsManager
https://malibutimes.com
The Malibu Times is the first newspaper in Malibu, serving the community since 1946.

Related Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement

Advertisement

Latest Articles

Advertisement

%d bloggers like this: