Malibu parent leaders and local heads of student organizations have joined together to form the Malibu Schools Leadership Council (MSLC).
The council hopes to promote Malibu students’ and parents’ interests in the broader educational community, according to a press release.
“The Malibu School Leadership Council (MSLC) was formed to bring the Malibu school community together in order to share and exchange information, connect with the broader education community, and build leadership skills as advocates for all children and families,” according to the new council’s mission statement.
Members of the new council include PTA/PTSA representatives from Malibu schools, Malibu Boys & Girls Club, Malibu High School Shark Fund and AMPS.
The representatives are:
- Lori Keeffe and Soniya Perl, Co-Presidents of Webster Elementary PTA
- Desi Bradley, Juan Cabrillo Elementary PTA President
- Roui Israel, Point Dume Marine Science School PTA President
- Karen Farrer, PTSA President of Malibu High and Malibu Middle School
- Kasey Earnest, director of Malibu’s Boys and Girls Club
- Doug Masterson, chairman of the Malibu High School Shark Fund
- Craig Foster, director of Advocates for Malibu Public Schools (AMPS)