Missing Malibu twins back home, suspect in custody

A suspect is in custody at the Malibu/Lost Hills Sheriff’s Station for allegedly abducting and sexually abusing two developmentally disabled Malibu teenage twins. Alejandro Mora, 23, was booked early Friday morning for child abduction, rape and “oral copulation with a person under 18,” Malibu/Lost Hills Sheriff’s Capt. Tom Martin said. He is being held on $380,000 bail.

Mary and Morgan Corrodi, 16, were found at Mora’s home on Thursday, Sgt. Dan Scott from the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department’s Special Victims Bureau said. They had been missing since Sunday afternoon.

Special Victims Bureau detectives and the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office interviewed the twins on Friday. The detectives will interview others involved in the case during the weekend. The case will be presented to the District Attorney’s Office on Monday when it will be determined if Mora will be charged.

A neighbor reported seeing the twins enter a vehicle at approximately 3 p.m. on Sunday.

“It appears that the girls went with [Mora] voluntarily, and we’re still looking into that aspect of it,” Sgt. Scott said. He said the twins have known Mora for “several months.”

This case has received a great deal of regional media and even some national media attention since Jack and Kay Corrodi reported their daughters missing on Sunday. Nobody in the Corrodi family could be reached for comment on Friday.

The twins attend Malibu High School and are among the Corrodis’ 16 adopted children.

-Jonathan Friedman

13StarsManager
13StarsManagerhttps://malibutimes.com
The Malibu Times is the first newspaper in Malibu, serving the community since 1946.

Related Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Latest Articles

%d bloggers like this:
×